Still looking for healthy & super easy recipes for those yogi evenings where you just can’t be bothered to process let alone cook? Need something low carb, rich in vitamins, and without fail, a very tasty treat to those old buds? This is it!
Not to mention, it’s another perfect recipe for the luteal phase. This would be the 10-14 days before your menstrual cycle. And if you aren’t a woman in her reproductive years- just make & eat & relish this nutrient-packed dish!
Let’s skip the questions about true “yogi” vegetarian/vegan plates — this is for those of you looking for nourishing whole foods to replenish your organism. All of the food products I buy are 100% organic and conscientious. However, the conscientious part will always vary depending on the person who is reading this recipe.
Just be forewarned that it contains fish & dairy!
No more intro, we are getting straight to the yum of it:
- Organic squash (get a small one to split and de-seed that can be shared between two)
- Alaskan-caught salmon fillet (or similar: e.g. “Caught in the atlantic”)
- Organic Kale (a bag or so- it will cook down significantly)
- Organic feta block
- Sunflower Seeds and Pumpkin seeds
How-to for the salmon and squash:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Cut your squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. You can alternately rinse them and dry them in a paper towel and roast them with your squash.
- Place in a baking tray and roast for 30-40 minutes (check to see if it’s tender). No need for oil or seasonings – it will be very sweet!
- Take your salmon fillet and squeeze some lemon juice on top and sprinkle it with salt, rosemary and pepper. Wrap up that little doggy in aluminium and bake for 15 minutes.
How-to cook & add the Kale, feta and seeds topping:
- Clean, dry, and chop up that organic Kale. Fry with a bit of avocado oil (olive oil is also fine) and add some Hymalayan salt & organic pepper. Cook 10-15 minutes on low heat until tenderish – kale is always a bit tougher in texture than normal lettuce. You can also steam it, but it needs some flavour from some light, healthy frying
- On a plate, place half of your baked squash and top with half your fried kale. Crumble your feta on top and sprinkle some sesame and pumpkin seeds. Place half of your fish fillet on the place and serve it up! Yas!
Don’t forget to serve the other half of all that good stuff on another plate for your guest 🙂
Enjoy & Namaste 🙂